Female Desperation Pics
- desperate recklessness; “it was a policy of desperation”
- despair: a state in which all hope is lost or absent; “in the depths of despair”; “they were rescued from despair at the last minute”; “courage born of desperation”
- A state of despair, typically one that results in rash or extreme behavior
- (desperate) a person who is frightened and in need of help; “they prey on the hopes of the desperate”
- (of a plant or flower) Having a pistil but no stamens
- Relating to or characteristic of women or female animals
- Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes
- an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- characteristic of or peculiar to a woman; “female sensitiveness”; “female suffrage”
- being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop; “a female heir”; “female holly trees bear the berries”
- (pic) photograph: a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
- (pic) movie: a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; “they went to a movie every Saturday night”; “the film was shot on location”
- (Pic (novel)) Pic is a novel by Jack Kerouac, first published in 1971.
- A photograph or movie; a picture
female desperation pics – Stephen King's
Director Mick Garris (Sleepwalkers), also recruited by Stephen King to remake The Shining, knows how to capture King’s horror aesthetic on film. Desperation, based on a more recent King novel, is a pastiche of earlier King novelties, such as the psycho in uniform, this time Sheriff Collie Entragian (Ron Perlman), and dogs summoned by the devil, this time by TAK, an ancient Chinese demon. Desperation, Nevada has a collapsed mine full of Chinese immigrant ghosts, whose spirits are trapped with TAK until they’re accidentally unleashed. The TAK-possessed local sheriff is killing everyone, save a few travelers who stumble through on road trips. In the opening scene, Mary (Annabeth Gish) and her beau are pulled over by Sheriff Entragian, framed by his placing of marijuana in their trunk, then read their rights with a Satanic “I will kill you” thrown in. Later, Steve (Steven Weber), Cynthia (Kelly Overton), and Vietnam vet John Marinville (Tom Skerrit), ride into town, and they too encounter the evil policeman’s wrath. They all meet a brave, imprisoned boy, David (Shane Haboucha), with whom they team up to end the mayhem. Desperation uses blue and green lighting to embrace the funhouse look, and camera shots highlighting the Sheriff’s deranged face make the film occasionally spooky. But the rehashed plot detracts from the fear-factor, leaving one to pine for earlier King story adaptations, like Misery, or Cujo.–Trinie Dalton
Keep Your Distance Or We'll Jump!
I did extremely well to get this close! They saw me and I saw them from perhaps 100 metres away – the HUGE male, the tallest Eastern Grey kangaroo I have ever seen – I’m guessing about 1.8m tall (6 foot) was standing fully upright in the middle of this very large open field when I came from the Pound Bend river track to the bottom corner of this field.
There was no way to sneak up – it saw me before I even opened the gate, so all I could do was to walk very very very very slowly……and keeping my head away from the roos, all the time hoping that this would allow me to get close enough to camera range.
This strategy actually worked! I was able to close the gap between us to about 30 metres, still too far away with just a point and shoot camera, and no tripod, but at least I could get some shots!
I was walking along the walking track on the western edge of this field, so I was only indirectly approaching the roos, who were some 30 metres from this edge.
In fact I overshot the best position to try to convince the roos that I was not interested in them at all….don’t know that it worked that well, but I did get much closer than I thought I would!
As I said, it was too far away to notice with the naked eye that the female had a Joey in her pouch.
Warrandyte State Park, Pound Bend, Victoria, Australia
This is just a few of the biggest mob of wild and free kangaroos I have ever seen!
There must have been at least 100 Eastern Grey Kangaroos in this super-size mob, at Pound Bend, Warrandyte.
Given that this was taken at 1.30pm. it is astonishing – normally these guys are active around dusk and into the night – not the middle of the day.
I am guessing that increasing desperation is driving them onto search far and wide for food and water – despite being green, it is been a continuing drought in South Eastern Australia.
Initially we saw each other from about 100 metres away, as I came into the open field from the river path.
I could not sneak up on them – they saw me the whole way, so all I could do was walk very very very very slowly….and 20 min later I got to within 15 – 20 metres of them, which is extraordinarily close since they are usually very skittish.
Pound Bend, Warrandyte State Park, Victoria, Australia
16Dec2009 Quadra-Ranger Test Shoot 104 copy
In this shot the standard 13.5cm Reflector was used (setup below)
Attached to the EL adapter and a 100cm Rotalux Octagonal softbox. (output A)
and used as the Key light.
The second output was used with the 18cm reflector with a Honeycomb grid attached
used as a hairlight.
Nikon D300 iso 200 f/5.6 1/250th Nikkor (50mm f/1.4)
Metered using Sekonic L-308B
Incident meter reading taken and power adjusted until I could achieve
my desired f stop of 5.6.
For anyone new to the Elinchrom Rangers you can adjust the power output from the transmitter mounted on the camera hotshoe.
As can clearly be seen with this shot compared to the others is the softer
light offered by the use of the softbox. Hence why there loved so much
in female portraiture.
Basic editing to original as this is a set of Demo pics for anyone interested in the Rangers.
Skin retouch, levels and a slight crop adjustments only
With thanks to wife for modelling for me in desperation of trying my new kit.
She’s only just come out of hospital after a major op and is supposed to be resting…
female desperation pics